Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year...New Job...Different Goals

It's another year, and while I could say that one resolution is to blog more often, it's not. Since writing has never been an aspiration but rather an outlet for frustration, I've never been one to write when things are going well. It seems too much like bragging. However, since it is a new year, and it has started out with some big changes, I figured it was worth an entry.

At the end of December, I left my first post-doc; at the beginning of January, I started a new post-doc. So far, three days in, I'm enjoying the new job fairly well. While the camaraderie isn't really there yet, I've met a lot of nice people so far all more than willing to help. The project is interesting, and I definitely have a bunch to learn. I'm currently working on reading a bunch of papers to get up to speed in the field. I'm hoping to learn a lot from this experience and I'm very optimistic about this job.

No comments: