Friday, October 24, 2008

Changing Seasons

It's getting wonderfully chilly outside, and I'm liking it a lot. I look around though and Jeremy and I are still confused by what the people are wearing. I know that I personally prefer cold weather, but Jeremy generally does not tolerate the cold very well. And yet, we are both still walking around in nothing more than a sweatshirt or a light jacket, whereas everywhere we look, people are already bundling up. I can understand the light scarves on women because that's a fashion thing as much as it is a means of staying warm. What I'm not understanding is the scarves, gloves and hats that are being worn. Yeah, the thermometer says it's 46 degrees outside, but it's not really that cold. Jeremy and I wonder how we're going to deal with the winters here, but if this is any indication, we may not have all that much to worry about. I want to say though that I have a feeling I will be taking that back in February when I'm freezing cold and miserable.

It has been nice watching the leaves change color across the river from us. The view out our window in the morning is truly breathtaking at times. I cannot wait until it snows for the first time.

No comments: