Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cooking Successes

While I'm not going to post recipes here, I will probably document cooking successes and failures whenever we attempt anything new. Today was a success. We had a butternut squash risotto that was amazing. While it probably won't go on our normal dinner rotation, it will definitely be something we make again. We do have a lot of butternut squash left, so I might freeze some for the future.

We also made our own pumpkin puree today as well. The hardest part was cutting the pumpkins open. It took us at least 30 minutes to cut the top off of the pumpkins. We've frozen 1 cup portions for baking during the holidays.

Tomorrow, I'm going to make chicken noodle casserole and chicken jambalaya. I should be able to freeze single serving portions of those for when we both start working. If the jambalaya turns out as well as the risotto, it will be another thing that Jeremy will now eat.

No comments: