Sunday, November 23, 2008

Disappointment

The football game yesterday was very disappointing. I've followed the Tigers through the great DeAngelo seasons and through the horrible 2-10 seasons. However, if we had pulled out this game, we had the opportunity to win our division. A lot of people are blaming the coach for not preparing for the game, and I have a lot of the same issues. For the last month, we've been hoping to get back our starting quarterback. However, even without him, we've managed to put together good games and win. Granted, the opponents weren't exactly top notch, but we ran creative plays that were definitely not obvious to the casual observer. Now that we have our quarterback healthy, we are running the old plays that are so slow in developing that I can tell exactly what plays are called. It's frustrating also that our fourth string quarterback can get the plays called faster than our first string quarterback. While our backup quarterback was playing, even when he hadn't taken any snaps at practice, the coaches did not have to call a single time out because he didn't know what play to run. Yesterday, we took a time out and had a delay of game because our quarterback couldn't get the play called to the line. I can understand being rusty throwing and running the ball because of a month of no practices. However, in that time, at least you can study the plays and figure out what the coaches are calling from the sideline. Our offense doesn't really consist of all that many different looks.

I am so much more of a football fan than I am a basketball fan, but I am not enjoying watching Tigers football this year. I love the players and the coach, but it's getting ridiculous. We have the talent, and we have the schedule in our favor, but this year, I've found myself waiting for basketball instead of enjoying football.

Update: So to add to the disappointment, the basketball team lost to Xavier tonight. *sigh*

No comments: