Thursday, November 13, 2008

Score!

My PCR reactions worked yesterday! I got a band on a gel at the right size, so TA cloning here I come! I'll get really excited when the cloning actually works since I suck at cloning. This cloning kit though requires only a 5 minute ligation step, and other people in the lab have gotten 100% efficiency with it. Hopefully it'll work that well for me. We will know tomorrow if I get colonies and next week when I do minipreps. I know everyone was just fascinated by the science above. =)

Life-wise, Jeremy and I are going to try to extend our evening walks a little longer. Using his iPhone as a GPS tracker, we determined that we've been walking about 1.5 miles a night. It's not a great distance, but we're trying to incorporate this into our daily routine. We want to start running on the trails, but we've decided to take it slowly to start.

We also decided today that we're definitely going to the Memphis vs. Georgetown game in DC next month. I am beyond excited because it'll likely be the only game we see all year. Jeremy's dad and step-mom are going to come up and join us for the game. They're going to drive it from Memphis. I cannot even imagine. We will make a weekend of it though, so it'll be fun.

No comments: