Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Days

It snowed and sleeted last night. When we checked the radar, there was a big swathe of weather starting from North Texas, over the Mid-South, all the way up to Pittsburgh. It was interesting because I had never considered that the same weather front that affected us in the South would travel to where we are now. I always assumed the path wouldn't head right over us. This is interesting because Memphis weather could always be determined by a phone call to my parents in Dallas. Whatever weather they had experienced in the past day would inevitably hit Memphis. Weathermen should take note of this phenomenon. It would increase the accuracy of your predictions. Now, apparently this may hold true here as well. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the spring and summer.

Of more note is the fact that the weather and temperature is actually colder in both Dallas and Memphis than it is here. I thought it was supposed to be colder here. I suppose the duration is longer, but I'm not say bone-chillingly cold by any means.

No comments: